Tina Sanchez, a producer at Apex Legends developer Respawn, seemingly teased a new hero for the battle royale on Twitter, and we have some ideas about who it might be.
Sanchez posted the following to Twitter:
In March, dataminers leaked 10 new Legends, including two that have since released – Wattson and Octane. Respawn responded to the leak, warning fans not to “treat any of that info as a source of truth” and saying that some of the content in the datamine “is very old, or [something] we’ve tried in the past and cut.”
That said, it’s fun to speculate. Sanchez’s post shows a motion capture actor using a cane, which evokes a character like Husaria or Prophet. Some fans are speculating the next character is Crypto, to which Sanchez made a curious reply.
Apex Legends’ third season begins in September, so whatever character Sanchez is referencing, it’s likely we’ll get to see them in action then. Respawn is getting ready to launch an in-game event that’ll bring “one of the most fan-requested features.” We’re hoping that means Titans!
- A huge new ‘Star Wars’ game where you play as a Jedi is coming out this November
- Bethesda E3 2019 Showcase Recap
- ‘It’s been a long road to get here’: BioWare’s Mike Gamble on the launch of ‘Anthem,’ and what the team learned from that rocky demo
- Yakuza Spinoff Judgment Features Two English Translations
- E3 2019: full games list, schedule and press conference recap
- E3 2019: games list, news and everything you might have missed
- American Truck Simulator Creates Buzz For Upcoming Map Expansion