The Hindus will be celebrating Ganga Dussehra or Gangavataran on June 12 this year, to mark the descent of Goddess Ganga on Earth. Celebrated on the Dashami tithi or the tenth day of Jyaistha month of the Hindu calendar, this day holds significance in the life of Hindus, who take a dip in the holy Ganges this day to get rid of their past sins. While the festival is celebrated almost in all the states where Ganga flows, the following five places are known for their Ganga Dussehra celebrations. Rishikesh Probably the first place where Ganga Aarti is observed, Rishikesh's Triveni Ghat is a place to be on Ganga Dussehra. It is less crowded as compared to Haridwar, Varanasi or Prayagraj and the serene environment lets you meditate in peace. Though there are only a few arrangements to take a dip in the Ganges here, the water is cleaner as compared to other places. Haridwar One of the most crowded places for Ganga Aarti, Haridwar's Har Ki Pauri is known for its Ganga Aarti. The synchronized circulation of lamps and chanting of mantras takes you to another world of peace and serenity. Thousands of tourists flock to Har Ki Pauri… Read full this story
- All the best Oktoberfest celebrations this fall in Philly and nearby
- Society Confidential: Best friends celebrate achievements with party
- Orionids 2019: What is the best time to see the Orionid meteor shower this month?
- Party like it's 2019: Eight places to ring in the new year
- It's National Fried Chicken Day. Get a leg up on where to celebrate in DFW
- NEET UG 2019 dates announced: Exams in February and May, check tentative schedule
- Summit party on Puy de Dôme to celebrate Unesco win
- Monaco Yacht Show: A place for millionaires -- and millennials?
- Huma Qureshi to replace Sonali Bendre as judge in India's Best Dramebaaz
- Rosh Hashanah 2019: Best greetings for Rosh Hashanah - What does Shana Tovah mean?
On Ganga Dussehra 2019, Visit These 5 Places to View the Best of Gangavataran Celebrations have 317 words, post on www.news18.com at June 13, 2019. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.