WXYZ — Detroit businessman Dan Gilbert was taken to the hospital Sunday after experiencing stroke-like symptoms. A company statement was released on behalf of Gilbert:
“Early this morning, Dan Gilbert sought care at a local hospital after experiencing stroke-like symptoms. He received immediate medical attention and is currently recovering comfortably. Our collective thoughts and prayers are with Dan for a speedy recovery.
The Gilbert family respectfully requests privacy at this time.”
7 Action News will continue to follow this story on-air and online. We will bring you any updates as they become available.
- Cavs owner Dan Gilbert still rooting against LeBron James, but Cavs get No. 1 pick in 2011 NBA Draft
- Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert rips LeBron James, calls move to Miami Heat 'cowardly'
- Without LeBron James, coach Tom Izzo isn't going to sell tickets for Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert
- Jesse Jackson slams Cavaliers' owner Dan Gilbert for treating LeBron James like a 'runaway slave'
- Dan Gilbert's tower on Hudson's site to set 'high-water mark' for rent
- Fathead, company owned by Dan Gilbert, cuts LeBron James pics to $17.41, Benedict Arnold's birthyear
- David Stern didn't want LeBron James to announce on ESPN, fines Cavs' Dan Gilbert $100G
- Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert says LeBron James won't have say in hiring next coach, GM
- LeBron James unloads on Twitter, says 'karma' is punishing Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert
- In Bloomberg's high-stakes NCAA pool, Jeanie Buss, Dan Gilbert and more seek a lucky winner