Video PlayerClose By Xinhua writers Zhang Zhongkai, Wang Xiuqiong, Liu Hongxia BEIJING, April 17 (Xinhua) — The Chinese economy got off to a good start in 2019 as more indicators showed positive signs of stabilization for the first quarter (Q1) of this year. The world’s largest developing economy beat market expectations to advance 6.4 percent year on year in Q1, remaining flat with the GDP expansion in the previous quarter, data from the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) showed Wednesday. UPBEAT DATA Wednesday’s fresh data added to good previous economic indicators, pointing to expansionary economic activity and improving economic structure. The graph shows Chinese economy of the first quarter of the year 2019 based on data released by the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS). (Xinhua/Meng Lijing) The tertiary sector reported the strongest growth in added value by expanding 7 percent to reach 12.232 trillion yuan, which accounted for 57.3 percent of the total Q1 GDP, picking up by 0.6 percentage points compared with Q1 2018. Q1 industrial output expanded 6.5 percent year on year, picking up from the 5.3-percent growth in the January-February period, while growth of retail sales of consumer goods also quickened from the first two months by… Read full this story
- Japan posts longest growth streak since bubble economy
- CPEC is not just for Pakistan: Chinese newspaper
- Germans are worried Brexit will wreck their economy as China welcomes closer ties with UK
- Gig economy firms face crackdown over exploitation concerns
- Understanding macroeconomics — the Great Depression
- Wirral roads could receive £3.5m cash boost
- China's supreme leader: Is extending Xi Jinping return to dictatorship?
- China's premier pledges market opening
- China says ready to defend its interests in U.S. trade spat
- Sponsored: Courier’s Car of the Year 2018 – choose your new vehicle
Xinhua Headlines: Chinese economy in good shape in Q1 have 277 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at April 17, 2019. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.