Red Dead Redemption 2 launched six months ago today. In those past six months, developer Rockstar faced criticisms over crunch, the main game released to great reviews, Red Dead Online launched and grew, and a country-trap hybrid hit song used the game in a music video. Here’s what’s happened in the last six months. In the weeks before Red Dead Redemption 2’s release, Rockstar’s culture of crunch is criticized. An interview with the co-founder of Rockstar Games, Dan Houser, causes outrage after a comment implies that he and his staff are working over 100 hours a week. He later says that this was just a small group of writers and that Rockstar didn’t force anyone else to work that many hours. Kotaku’s Jason Schreier releases a report days before the game’s release that reveals the crunch problems at Rockstar weren’t relegated to only a small group of writers, as Dan Houser claimed. Creating RDR2 involved many individuals and studios spread across the world, with each studio and team having their own experiences with crunch. On October 26, 2018, Red Dead Redemption 2 is released for PS4 and Xbox One. Reviews are mostly positive, with many critics praising the game’s visuals… Read full this story
- Rockstar says senior staff chose to work excessive hours on Red Dead Redemption 2
- Red Dead Redemption 2 PC will finally mosey onto Steam on December 5
- ‘The Shawshank Redemption’ At 25: Frank Darabont’s Great Escape – Q&A
- Modder escapes PT's hallway to explore the streets of Silent Hill
- The 10 best games for your new gaming PC
- Google Stadia Review: Console Free Gaming at a Price – Your Sanity!
- Fable 2: how Xbox's most-ambitious exclusive game changed the rules for open-world interactivity
- Playdate: how the publishers of Untitled Goose Game built a console designed to spark pure joy
- The Untitled 2019 Alternative PC Gamer Awards
- Eurogamer readers' top 50 games of 2019
Red Dead Redemption 2, Six Months Later have 317 words, post on kotaku.com at April 26, 2019. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.