Five Brooklyn mothers have sued New York City for ordering mandatory measles vaccinations, accusing Mayor Bill de Blasio of unlawfully targeting Jews with an ‘arbitrary’ state of emergency. De Blasio declared a state of emergency on Tuesday, giving him the power to order vaccinations in four Brooklyn ZIP codes where 285 measles cases have been reported since October, particularly in the Orthodox Jewish community. Today, five mothers, with the support of five doctors and patient advocates, filed a lawsuit demanding the order be suspended. They say vaccines go against their religious belief that they should not put a foreign body in their or their child’s body, and they believe de Blasio’s order unfairly targeted Jews. But the most fiery testimonies came from the patient advocates, including one from Vera Sharav, a child survivor of the Holocaust and former librarian who has become a notorious vocal critic of the medical establishment and vaccines. In a strongly-worded affidavit, Sharav draws on her personal experience with anti-Semitism to accuse New York City of ‘totalitarianism’. ‘As a survivor of the Holocaust, I am especially attuned toward recognizing the signs of government overreach,’ Sharav writes in her affidavit filed to a Brooklyn court on Monday morning…. Read full this story
- New York City Reports No COVID Deaths in 24 Hours
- New York, Chicago promise court fight if Trump sends in unidentified federal agents
- Travelers from 31 states are now required to self-quarantine for 14 days upon arrival in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut after 10 new states are added to the list
- Cops stationed at New York airports will enforce quarantine rules on visitors as Gov. Cuomo says 39 US states now pose an 'increasing threat'
- New York versus California: A tale of two pandemics
- Meet the Young Activists Leading New York’s Black Lives Matter Protests
- New York’s Self-Quarantine Travel List Grows, But Minnesota Has Been Removed
- Spotlight on pilot of fatal New York helicopter crash as investigators find no evidence of engine failure
- Germany proposes $2,800 fine for parents skipping measles vaccination
- New York Officials Want Feds To Investigate The Death Of A Rikers Island Inmate
5 mothers sue New York City over mandatory measles vaccine order have 341 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at April 15, 2019. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.