Ever since Nintendo and Game Freak revealed that a major series entry would be coming to the Pokemon franchise in 2019, fans have been eagerly waiting to hear more. Today, during the Pokemon Direct, the titles of the next two games have been officially announced. Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield will be the first pair of main Pokemon games to grace the Nintendo Switch. The brief Pokemon Direct revealed a sparkling new variety of areas for the player to explore in Galar, the newest region to explore in the Pokemon world. Like Pokemon games before it, Sword and Shield contain a trio of new Pokemon starters for the player to choose from. They include the Pokemon Grookey, Scorbunny, and Sobble. The trio were provided with their own special cinematic introduction, while not much was shown of their actual combat ability in a traditional Pokemon fight. Overall, Pokemon Sword and Shield looks to have an additional layer of polish on it over Pokemon Let’s Go Pikachu and Pokemon Let’s Go Eevee, appropriate for a main series entry. Unfortunately, the developer didn’t provide an exact release date, but the game is still on-schedule for a release sometime this year. There’s plenty for Pokemon… Read full this story
- I consider myself to be of mixed nationality: Declan Rice delivers blow to Ireland as West Ham defender confirms England switch
- Nintendo is flying high, but can the Switch continue its appeal?
- Privacy shield review: EU renews calls for permanent ombudsperson
- When does Strictly finish tonight and what time will the winner be announced?
- Pokemon Go finally got the feature everyone was waiting for
- Pokemon Go January 2019 Community day and surprise Feebas event
- Youngsters at Oakwood School in Eastbourne handle swords and shields for history lesson
- Pokemon the Movie: Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution trailer released
- Ni No Kuni Switch review: Studio Ghibli JRPG mash-up is pure magic on the Switch
- Ryan Reynolds shares behind the scenes look at Pokemon Detective Pikachu
Switch-Exclusive Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield Announced have 334 words, post on gamerant.com at February 27, 2019. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.