Xcel Energy announced plans Tuesday to slash its emissions 80 percent by 2030 from 2005 levels and deliver 100 percent carbon-free electricity to millions of customers in Colorado and seven other states by 2050.Officials for the electric utility called it “the most ambitious [carbon reduction plans] announced to date within the electric power industry.”“We’re accelerating our carbon reduction goals because we’re encouraged by advances in technology, motivated by customers who are asking for it and committed to working with partners to make it happen,” said Ben Fowke, chairman, president and CEO of Xcel Energy, which is Colorado’s largest electric utility.“You probably have seen the same kind of scientific reports coming out of the U.N. and U.S. that I have, and those studies suggest climate change isn’t getting any better, it’s getting worse, so when we step back as a company, we think about what more we can do,” Fowke said Tuesday on a conference call with reporters. “To us, using technology, we believe that we can do more, and why shouldn’t we do more if we can do more at basically the same cost?” Fowke said.The technologies are not yet available on the commercial scale to actually reach zero carbon emissions… Read full this story
- Renewable Energy Prices Hit Record Lows: How Can Utilities Benefit From Unstoppable Solar And Wind?
- California blazes a trail with 95 percent renewable energy
- Renewable Energy Job Boom Creates Economic Opportunity As Coal Industry Slumps
- GE Renewable Energy and BIM Wind JSC ink deal for an 88 MW wind farm in Ninh Thuan
- The places paving the way to 100 percent renewable energy
- Can These 3 Oil Giants Turn Into Renewable Energy Stocks?
- 3 Top Renewable Energy Stocks to Buy in October
- 2 Top Stocks in Renewable Energy
- SP Group partners BCG Energy to grow renewable energy portfolio in Viet Nam
- 3 Top Growth Stocks in Renewable Energy
Colorado utility commits to unprecedented renewable energy goal have 308 words, post on gazette.com at December 3, 2018. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.