Primary school head tells Northern Ireland politicians to ‘stop playing pathetic games’ BelfastTelegraph.co.uk A primary school principal has urged Northern Ireland’s politicians to “set aside petty squabbles” and “stand up for children”. https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/primary-school-head-tells-northern-ireland-politicians-to-stop-playing-pathetic-games-37478570.html https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/article37478567.ece/1bcb1/AUTOCROP/h342/bpanews_963dfd97-2f07-4f81-9f79-2d2fc49ac216_1 Email A primary school principal has urged Northern Ireland’s politicians to “set aside petty squabbles” and “stand up for children”. Graham Gault, head of Maghaberry Primary School in Moira, Co Armagh, said there is “no more time for our politicians to play pathetic games”. Mr Gault was one of four school principals who gave evidence to the Northern Ireland Affairs Select Committee at Westminster on Wednesday. The committee is carrying out an inquiry into education funding in Northern Ireland. Committee chairman Andrew Murrison said in the absence of a Northern Ireland Executive the committee was probing matters that would normally be devolved. The powersharing government at Stormont has been collapsed since January 2017 following a breakdown in relations between the Democratic Unionists and Sinn Fein. The evidence session came weeks after Northern Ireland’s Auditor General warned that the region’s education system is “coming close to a financial tipping point”. Kieran Donnelly said the Department of Education and the Education Authority need to act “as a matter of urgency”. His… Read full this story
- Chaos and confusion over coronavirus in UK schools: Government's mixed advice leaves heads telling staff and pupils to stay home while others insist children come in unless they have 'flu-like symptoms'
- Two new cases of coronavirus in the UK: Officials announce two travellers to Italy and Tenerife have the killer infection as a parent at a primary school in Derbyshire is 'confirmed' to have the illness
- Heading restricted in football training for U-18s in England, Scotland, Northern Ireland
- Brexit: Stop playing to Brexit 'bad boys' TUC chief tells May
- 'Stop playing with me': LeBron James refused to believe Kobe Bryant had died when first told on Lakers' gut-wrenching flight to LA, as those on board reveal the 'suffocating silence' that followed the news
- Abortion: NI politicians' bid to halt law changes fails
- Is Britain heading for a coronavirus lockdown? England sports fixtures are under threat, schools shut and workers sent home amid fear and confusion over dangers of travelling to and from Europe
- Italy's coronavirus death toll hits 107 just weeks after first case in the country - as all schools and universities and sporting venues are locked down and authorities plan a ban on KISSING
- UK schools could close for TWO MONTHS under plan to contain coronavirus as cases rise and medics warn the old and infirm may NOT get treatment
- Dulwich Prep School SHUTS after 'several' pupils return from coronavirus hotspots feeling ill as headteacher blames closure on delays in NHS testing
Primary school head tells Northern Ireland politicians to ‘stop playing pathetic games’ have 478 words, post on www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk at October 31, 2018. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.