The success of Halloween has prompted all kinds of buzz involving classic horror franchises and now another iconic slasher could be headed back to the big screen, courtesy of one of the NBA’s biggest stars. LeBron James and his SpringHill Entertainment studio will reportedly co-produce a reboot of the Friday the 13th franchise, bringing Jason Voorhees and his terrifying hockey mask back to theaters. According to The Hollywood Reporter (and first reported by horror movie news site Bloody Disgusting), James’ studio and Vertigo Entertainment, the producers of the recent record-breaking It adaptation, are currently in talks to produce “a new iteration telling of the gory happenings at Camp Crystal Lake.” There’s currently no writer or director attached to the project, as it is still in early stages of development and some legal issues regarding the rights to the Friday the 13th franchise still need to be resolved. A long-running court case recently gave original Friday the 13th screenwriter Victor Miller the rights to his screenplay and most of the characters introduced in it, as well as the U.S. rights to the franchise. Given that Jason Voorhees wasn’t actually introduced in his iconic hockey-mask wearing persona until the sequel, however, there are some issues that… Read full this story
- Insane Friday the 13th Blu-ray Collection Features Revealed by Scream Factory
- Jason Dugre Talks the Insane Horror of Saint Bernard from Severin Films [Exclusive]
- From James Bond to Wonder Woman — some of the hottest blockbusters coming to cinemas this autumn
- Rockets take Game 1 against Lakers
- Analysis: The NBA restart is about to restart, with purpose
- Keidel: Is Something Wrong With The Warriors?
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - Pence rips Biden as radical risk
- NBA and players agree to resume playoffs on Saturday after the Bucks boycotted game over Jacob Blake shooting and teams pledge to work for increased voting access in their cities
- Barack Obama recalls meeting the late Chadwick Boseman at the White House: 'You could tell right away that he was blessed'
- Full list of cricketers who have pulled out of IPL 2020 and their replacements
Jason’s back! LeBron James is producing a ‘Friday the 13th’ reboot have 346 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at October 23, 2018. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.