0 Have your say A year ago to the day, Leeds United arrived at The Den sitting pretty at the top of the Championship. The opening seven games had yielded 17 points for Thomas Christiansen’s unbeaten side, who the previous weekend had thumped five goals past Burton Albion.Leeds lost to Millwall, Aiden O’Brien getting the only goal 17 minutes from time. But the Yorkshire club did return north still leading the way in the second tier.Everything else, though, had changed with United’s beating amid a typically hostile atmosphere having been so severe – Millwall had 20 attempts on goal to just one from the visitors – that Christiansen’s side were never the same again.That loss in Bermondsey sparked not only a nine-game run that included seven defeats but also a suspicion the fight had been knocked out of Leeds. Table-topping United return to Millwall today and Liam Cooper is adamant history will not repeat itself.“I think the experience last year will pull the lads through,” the 27-year-old, who missed the 2017 defeat to the Lions through injury, told The Yorkshire Post. “We know what we need to do, we know it is going to be hostile. But it is one… Read full this story
- Derby give Championship winners Leeds guard of honour after Whites troll Rams on Twitter
- Leeds crown Premier League return with Championship title as Brentford lose to Stoke
- Marcelo Bielsa exclusive: Leeds manager on improving the reality at Elland Road
- Drink spiking: Leeds clubs bring in new safety measures
- PM wants a peaceful, stable environment for ASEAN to focus on prosperous growth
- Coronation Street, Emmerdale and more unite for crossover soaps episode
- 'COP26 should focus on transfer of technologies from developed nations to tackle climate change'
- Transfer news LIVE: Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal latest plus Bruno Fernandes gossip
- Man Utd news LIVE: Bruno Fernandes EXCLUSIVE, Dani Olmo transfer interest, Schmeichel backs Solskjaer to succeed
- Tottenham to give Conte £150m warchest EXCLUSIVE, Aguero set to miss THREE months, Chelsea transfer news – latest
Millwall v Leeds United – Hostile environment no concern for focused captain Liam Cooper have 327 words, post on www.yorkshirepost.co.uk at September 14, 2018. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.