It’s almost time for the carnival of democracy and hope – with a pinch of factional strife, naturally – that is the Labour Party Conference. Some 13,000 people are set to descend on Liverpool from Saturday to Wednesday for what organisers claim will be their biggest annual bash in recent memory. That includes more than 5,000 members and 1,650 voting “delegates” from their local parties. It’s those delegates who will make the news. They could pass sweeping changes to Labour’s rulebook and force a change of policy on major issues like Brexit. Also making the news, of course, will be Jeremy Corbyn. Since 2015 conference has been transformed into a gathering of his most loyal supporters. Read More Labour Party Conference 2018 They haven’t managed to eliminate his critics quite yet, of course. But deputy leader Tom Watson will be missing from the main stage after a row about his speaking slot, and some ‘centrist’ MPs will reportedly be staying away. So what’s going on at conference and what should you look out for? Find out with our handy guide: What is the Labour conference for? Among many, it has four big purposes. First, it’s for the big names in… Read full this story
- Dominic Cummings promised to wreck Labour party conference – he didn't need to
- Labour Party Leader Jeremy Corbyn Says 'Crisis' Can Only Be Settled by General Election
- Labour is ready to govern, Jeremy Corbyn tells party conference
- Labour of love? Jeremy Corbyn under pressure to deliver
- Labour is plotting a middle class culture war that could propel it into No 10
- Boris Johnson confirms bid for leadership of Conservative Party
- Democratic mandates and the survival of Labour
- The Corbyn earthquake – how Labour was shaken to its foundations
- Ed Miliband resigns as Labour leader
- Jeremy Corbyn’s conference speech: what can the experts teach him?
Labour Party Conference 2018: Agenda, timetable and what to expect from the four-day Liverpool bash have 297 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at September 23, 2018. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.