PUBLISHED: 08:25 24 August 2018 | UPDATED: 09:30 24 August 2018 Bianca Wild The Crow’s A505 campaign has looked into the history of dangers on the road. Archant Following our look back at some of the worst crashes in four decades on the stretch between Royston and Baldock last week, we’ve now gathered some of the views of readers and past reporters whose frustrations sound rather familiar. John Price’s special report on the A505. Picture: Crow archiveIn a special report from 1984, John Price said: “Behind the death toll lies the pain and suffering caused to motorists who’ve survived accidents, nearly 50 in three years. “Ask any motorist who uses the A505 frequently what should be done to improve safety and everytime you’ll get a different suggestion. “Blocking all the gaps in the central reservation and making motorists take a ‘long loop’ round a series of new roundabouts between Royston and Baldock was one idea. Treat the road as a motorway and build underpasses, bridges and sliproads was another. “These are too fanciful and certainly too expensive.” In 1988 the A505 was number one in a poll by the Royston Crow – and in places five and seven – for… Read full this story
- The Burning Question That Drove David Fincher’s Decades-Long Journey To Make ‘Mank’
- Trump impeached after Capitol riot in historic second charge
- Political Unity Can Also Do Harm, Just Look at American History
- Political Unity Can Also Do Harm. Just Look at American History.
- 'I saw my life flash before my eyes': An oral history of the Capitol attack
- Azealia Banks’ most outrageous moments, from digging up and cooking dead cat to slaughtering chickens and fiery feuds
- 10 Ways to Introduce Yourself to Nick Cave
- The 47 best movies on Hulu right now
- Moment MAGA rioter throws fire extinguisher at back of Capitol cops's head - the same weapon used to kill officer Brian Sicknick
- So, Is Apple Building a Netflix for Podcasts?
Make the A505 Safer: Crow archives full of familar frustrations have 312 words, post on www.royston-crow.co.uk at August 24, 2018. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.