When Siegfried “Sigi” Eisenberger hung up his toque in 2012 after 50 years of working in the kitchen, he didn’t retire from the food business. After all, the Austrian-born chef had traveled the globe, working in hotels, restaurants and cruise ships. He was part of the U.S. chefs team that brought home the gold in the International Culinary Olympics in 1984, 1988 and 1992 — and then he judged that same competition in 1996, 2000 and 2004. He spent 1992 to 2012 as executive chef at The Broadmoor, elevating the dining experience to accommodate the ever-changing expectations of guests at the five-star, five-diamond resort.“I wanted something to do,” Eisenberger said, “not just sit down.”He didn’t have to look far for his next endeavor. His home near Cañon City sits on 165 acres, and he loves gardening.“Growing up in Frohnleiten (Austria), my family had a garden,” he said. “We had a basement where we could store root vegetables, and we canned food to have during the winter. Other friends around had gardens, and we would share foods we were growing.” Lifestyle Farmers markets around the Pikes Peak region Teresa Farney He already had planted a garden on his property.“I thought I… Read full this story
- In Cold Wyoming Winters, A New Vertical Farm Keeps Fresh Produce Local
- This tiny town in the Alps is turning itself into one big hotel
- Sheraton Manila launches vegan dishes and a farm
- Miami hotels need cooks, Overtown residents need jobs. A new program is changing that.
- Passion to Purpose: Chef Jernard Wells Talks Love, Food, and Leaving a Culinary Legacy
- New 188-room AC Hotel Belfast opens its doors
- How a hotel restaurant became the feeder program for some of Sacramento’s hottest kitchens
- This new restaurant is farm-to-table on steroids, with some familiar Fresno talent behind it
- I stayed at Robert De Niro's ridiculously swanky new hotel in Ibiza — and it makes you feel like a celebrity, if you can afford it
- Meet The Chef: After London called, the capital’s loss was Peterborough’s gain
Former Broadmoor chef turns attention to farming, keeps giving back to the hotel have 329 words, post on gazette.com at August 22, 2018. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.