“We welcome the dialogue between the leaders of the United States and North Korea that took place today in Singapore. This meeting was an important step toward advancing peace and stability on the Korean Peninsula,” Chrystia Freeland said. Freeland said Canada supports continued dialogue that leads to the complete, verifiable and irreversible denuclearization of North Korea. Statement by Canada’s Foreign Affairs Minister expresses support for Trump/Kim summit. Chrystia Freeland calls it “an important step toward advancing peace and stability on the Korean Peninsula.” #cdnpoli pic.twitter.com/saKG9avz6F — Rosa Hwang (@journorosa) 12 июня 2018 г. READ MORE: Kim-Trump Summit Achievements: US, DPRK Commit to Denuclearization of Peninsula © REUTERS / Jonathan ErnstUS-N Korea Deal Result of Trump’s ‘Bold, Vigilant’ Leadership – Trump AdvisorThe sanctions imposed by the global community against Pyongyang must remain in place until North Korea changes its action, Freeland added. The Canadian top diplomat also said she looks forward to seeing Kim following through on the commitments he made during the historic summit. Earlier on June 12, Trump and Kim held a historic summit in Singapore and committed the United States and North Korea to establishing new bilateral relations and building a lasting peace on the Korean peninsula. Moreover, Pyongyang affirmed its commitment to denuclearize in exchange for security guarantees from Washington.
- Everything you need to know about the 2nd Trump-Kim summit
- The failed Trump-Kim summit: the story of a trainwreck foretold
- Report: North Korea Angling for Another Trump-Kim Summit
- A historic handshake … but what did the Trump-Kim summit really achieve?
- 'Two dictators': Fox News host says sorry for reference to Trump-Kim summit
- Pompeo to travel to North Korea next month ahead of planned second Trump-Kim summit
- China hails its 'indisputable' role in outcome of Trump-Kim summit
- Warmbier parents hope Trump-Kim summit has positive results
- Trump cancels summit with Kim Jong Un
- China Backs Second Kim Jong Un-Donald Trump Nuclear Summit
Trump-Kim Summit 'Important' for Stability on Korean Peninsula - Canadian FM have 315 words, post on sputniknews.com at June 12, 2018. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.