By Associated Press June 12, 2018 at 12:12 pm SINGAPORE (AP) — The Latest on the summit between North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and President Donald Trump in Singapore (all times local): 8:05 a.m. President Donald Trump says he sometimes “felt foolish” lobbing insults at North Korean leader Kim Jong Un. But he says without his harsh rhetoric, their summit may never have happened. Trump is reflecting on his evolving rhetoric in an interview with Fox News Channel’s Sean Hannity in Singapore. Trump, who had threatened “fire and fury” and called Kim “Little Rocket Man,” says: “I think without the rhetoric we wouldn’t have been here.” He says that past administrations had what he called “a policy of silence” and didn’t respond when rivals “said something very bad and very threatening and horrible.” Trump says, “That’s not the answer.” He says of his rhetoric: “I hated to do it. Sometimes I felt foolish doing it. But we had no choice.” ___7:55 p.m. South Korea’s Defense Ministry is sidestepping an immediate reaction to President Donald Trump’s claim that Washington and Seoul should stop their regular military drills. The ministry says it would first need to figure out the “exact meaning… Read full this story
- Trump Says ‘There Is No Longer a Nuclear Threat’ After Kim Jong-un Meeting
- Citing Recusal, Trump Says He Wouldn’t Have Hired Sessions
- Trump Says Puerto Rico Relief Efforts Stymied by 'Big Water, Ocean Water'
- Donald Trump Says Facebook's Mark Zuckeberg Visited Him in White House to 'Kiss 'A**'
- North Korea insults Donald Trump, says its "hatred of the United States and Americans is rising"
- Trump’s Tough Talk on Nafta Raises Prospects of Pact’s Demise
- Trump says Milley-China story may be bid to divert Afghanistan attention -- but 'treason' if true
- Coronavirus government response updates: 'LIBERATE': Trump backs protesters defying stay-at-home orders
- Trump Slaps Steep Tariffs on Foreign Washing Machines and Solar Products
- Poll: Donald Trump Leads Joe Biden in Hypothetical 2024 Matchup
The Latest: Trump says tough rhetoric led to NKorea summit have 323 words, post on www.eastbaytimes.com at June 12, 2018. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.