Boris Johnson has launched a blistering attack on the Government’s Brexit negotiations strategy – and even suggested Donald Trump could do a better job. In outspoken remarks to Tory activists at a private dinner, he said the outcome of the negotiations could fall short of the hopes and demands of Brexiteers like him.He hit out at the attitude of Philip Hammond’s Treasury, dismissing it as “the heart of Remain” and said it was time for Theresa May to be “more combative” with Brussels.He also admitted there could be a “meltdown” after Brexit, with some “bumps in the road”, but claimed people should not panic and everything would be all right in the end..His remarks were immediately condemned by pro-Remain MPs, who said they were disturbing and denounced the Foreign Secretary as “shameless” and a “disgraceful charlatan”.Mr Johnson’s claims came in a wide-ranging and at times indiscreet speech and Q&A with members of the Thatcherite group Conservative Way Forward, leaked to the news website BuzzFeed.An audio recording obtained by Buzzfeed reveals he said: “I am increasingly admiring of Donald Trump. I have become more and more convinced that there is method in his madness.”Imagine Trump doing Brexit. He’d go in bloody… Read full this story
- Could Boris Johnson come back as Britain's next prime minister?
- Trump's Favorite British Politician Boris Johnson in Trouble After Comparing Burka-wearing Muslim Women to Letterboxes
- Spain's Intel: Remainers Plan to Assassinate Boris Johnson : Indybay
- UK's Boris Johnson refuses to apologize after saying Muslim women in burqas look like 'bank robbers'
- UK's Boris Johnson plays down Conservative rift, NZ near top of trade deal queue
- As London feuds, full Brexit negotiations open in Brussels
- Boris Johnson won't seek to become U.K. Conservative Party leader, prime minister
- Boris Johnson And Russia’s Foreign Minister Just Had An Extraordinary Public Bust-Up
- Cher trashes new UK foreign secretary Boris Johnson as 'f-ing idiot who lied'
- Britain will not pay 'a penny more' than it thinks right to leave EU: Boris Johnson
Boris Johnson attacks government's Brexit negotiation strategy have 335 words, post on news.sky.com at June 7, 2018. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.