0 of 32 DOUGLAS MAGNO/Getty Images World Cup fever is setting in. With nations releasing their preliminary squads for the summer tournament—or, in select cases like Brazil, confirming the 23 who will go, excitement is building around the event that is now under a month away. Here, B/R has taken on the almighty task of predicting the starting XI for every country attending the competition, giving you a feel for who might and might not be taking to the pitch in Russia come June. Some were easy to select, barring the odd 50/50 choice (Spain, Brazil, Germany fall into this category); while others were near-impossible, with recent managerial changes, unsettled squads or injuries throwing too many things into question (England, Saudi Arabia and Russia, we’re looking at you!). 1 of 32 EITAN ABRAMOVICH/Getty Images Formation: 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 Goalkeeper: Sergio Romero Defenders: Gabriel Mercado, Federico Fazio, Nicolas Otamendi, Nicolas Tagliafico Midfielders:Javier Mascherano, Ever Banega, Manuel Lanzini Forwards: Lionel Messi, Angel Di Maria, Sergio Aguero Argentina seem one of the least-prepared sides for this tournament. It is entirely unclear who Jorge Sampaoli will field, as he has difficult questions to answer at every turn. At full-back, does he opt for older, underwhelming heads, or give someone… Read full this story
- Women's World Cup to feature 32 teams from 2023, say FIFA
- Predicted Nottingham Forest starting XI to face Birmingham City
- Women's World Cup: meet the personalities in the Scotland squad
- Simon Best: 'The 2003 World Cup in Australia was brilliant
- Young’s toasts pub success after bumper World Cup summer
- England survive late Scotland scare to win World Cup opener
- England sweep Norway aside to storm into World Cup semi-finals
- USA vs Chile, Women's World Cup: live score and latest updates
- Cricket World Cup: Australia vs England – LIVE!
- Dan Cole urges England to embrace World Cup in Japan
Predicting World Cup Starting XIs for All 32 Teams Post-Provisional Squads have 298 words, post on bleacherreport.com at May 16, 2018. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.