Lagos State Governor Akinwunmi Ambode yesterday reiterated his administration’s commitment to massively invest in the health and education sectors of the state, saying that 2018 budget would be accounted for by projects executed in the sectors.
Speaking through his Chief of Staff, Mr Samuel Ojo at the 5th Summit of the Association of the Lagos State Retired Heads of Service and Permanent Secretaries, Governor Ambode said that the sectors have remained the key areas of his administration’s development plan.
Describing the theme of the summit entitled: “Lagos State Vision on Education and Health in Relations to the sustainable Goals”, as apt, Governor Ambode said that the sectors determine the human capital development index of any nation.
“An educated and healthy population is a great asset that can contribute effectively to wealth creation. Great nations are not made by the quality of natural resources they are endowed with but by the quality of their human capital. In the last three years, our administration has invested heavily in the education sector to ensure that no child is left behind irrespective of their parent’s and economic status.”
The Governor assured that as a measure of premium placed on the two sectors and in line with his administration’s commitment to the Sustainable Development Goals, he said he would ensure that plans for the two sectors are implemented.
On her par, the state’s the Head of Service, Mrs Folasade Adesoye, said that it was crucial that education and health policies are simultaneously addressed and better coordinated to maximise gains of both sectors.
She added that the state has continued to be foremost state in the federation in term of growth and development, describing the forum as one of the key strengths.
- Declare state of emergency in education sector ― IFAS urges Kogi
- Anyaoku wants FG to increase budgetary allocation to education sector
- Ambode Launches Lagos Health Insurance Scheme
- Quảng Trị welcomes wave of investments in energy sector
- To achieve 10% GDP, India needs to boost investment in agriculture sector: Niti Aayog chief Amitabh Kant
- Expert reveals why the private health insurance sector is in a DEATH SPIRAL - as young Australians are smashed by rising costs
- Anire’s Healthy Kids are happy kids for health education
- Malaysia says China leads foreign investment in manufacturing sector
- Health, education authorities step up intervention on child myopia
- Invest in research at universities: PM Modi to governors