A view of the UNESCO-recognized World Heritage site Halong Bay in Quang Ninh Province. The Halong Carnival festival is slated to kick off on April 28 at the Sun World Halong Park – PHOTO: REUTERSC Halong Carnival 2018 The Halong Carnival 2018, under the theme “Ha Long – Heritage, Wonder – Friendly Destination”, will kick off on April 28 at the Sun World Halong Park in Halong City in the northern province of Quang Ninh. As one of the first activities to start the National Tourism Year 2018 in the province, the festival will feature a host of activities including music, art performances, street parade and fireworks shows. Pham Ngoc Thuy, director of the provincial tourism department, was quoted by local media as saying that the province will promote tangible and intangible cultural heritages and unique tourism products to spur tourism growth this year. The province hopes to attract 15 to 16 million tourists, including seven million from abroad, and make total tourism revenue of VND30-40 trillion by 2020, the Vietnam News Agency reports. Halong City, which is home to the World Heritage-listed Halong Bay, came in 56th in the world’s 100 leading cities in terms of international tourist arrivals,… Read full this story
- World's Leading Cultural Tourist Attraction 2019
- Yayoi Kusama: the world's favourite artist?
- 2019 in books: what you'll be reading this year
- A runaway winner! Man fleeing from leopard as it mauls his neighbour is just one brilliant image to make it onto AFP's best photos of 2019 list
- EXCLUSIVE: Inside the epic - and fatal - 8-year hunt for a $2MILLION treasure chest full of gold and gems hidden in the Rockies by a millionaire art dealer
Major cultural festivals in Vietnam this summer have 266 words, post on english.vietnamnet.vn at April 4, 2018. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.