caption Cambridge Analytica CEO Alexander Nix gives evidence to the Digital, Culture, Media, and Sport Committee. source Parliament TV British politicians have summoned the suspended CEO of Cambridge Analytica, Alexander Nix, to explain contradictions around whether his firm used Facebook data to target voters. Nix told MPs in February that the firm does not use or hold Facebook data. But that was belied by reports last week that Cambridge Analytica had illegitimately access millions of Facebook profiles through an app intended for search. British politicians have summoned the suspended CEO of Cambridge Analytica, Alexander Nix, to explain why he keeps contradicting himself about the way his firm used Facebook data. Damian Collins, the Conservative politician overseeing a select committee enquiry into fake news, wrote to Nix: “[There] are a number of inconsistencies in your evidence to us of 27 February, notably your denial that your company received data from the Global Science Research company. We are also interested in asking you again about your claim that you “do not work with Facebook data, and […] do not have Facebook data.” He added: “Giving false statements to a select committee is a very serious matter. We urge you to come forward… Read full this story
- Here’s a roll call of celebrities, politicians and influential people who died in 2018
- Facebook's fall: From the friendliest face of tech to perceived enemy of democracy
- Steve Bannon has bluster, but does populist message still resonate?
- Facebook knew collection of Android call data was ‘high-risk’ PR-wise, emails show
- The Most Damning Takeaways from the Latest Facebook Document Dump
- POLITICO Playbook: Attn. Mr. President: 6 days until Speaker Pelosi
- Facebook embraces regulation — reluctantly
- Dave Barry: Can you believe it?
- Trolling Hell: Is the Satanic Temple a Prank, the Start of a New Religious Movement — or Both?
- Half Inch of Snow May Ice Roads Later Today
British politicians want Cambridge Analytica CEO Alexander Nix to explain his contradictory evidence have 301 words, post on www.businessinsider.sg at March 22, 2018. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.