Don Byers, 61, still remembers the particulars of a chance round of golf last summer at Champions Run Golf Course.No, Byers didn’t hit a hole-in-one on this round, nor did he play out of the ordinary. But what Byers did do during the round was contemplate taking a big step out of his comfort zone.During that round a seed was planted for an idea for the grandfather of four to head back to college and to hit the links as a member of a college golf team. Thanks to a stroke of genius idea generated by friend-of-a-friend Rob Brown, the men’s golf coach at Bellevue University, the idea was planted in the mind of both Brown and Byers. Brown, who was quickly impressed with Byers drives off the tee and sure-fire short game during the round, jokingly suggested to Byers that he should join the golf team at BU.“I was teasing him and said ‘Wow, I wish you had some eligibility left.’ I said, ‘Wow, you’d be a great player on our team and we’ve never had someone over 22 years old,’” Brown recalled.The thing is he wasn’t exactly joking with the 61-year-old.“He kept pestering and I thought he was… Read full this story
- In Times of Adversity Only the Strong and the Effective Teams Are Likely to Survive
- Brand New VW Golf - A Huge Diversionary Tactic
- 5 Key Ingredients in Team Building Events
- Am I Too Old to Be Teaching English (TEFL) Abroad?
- How to Fight Like a 100 Year Old Man
- Golf Swing Basics - What Are the Real Secrets to a Perfect Golf Swing?
- Learning How to Play Golf - The Basics
- Live and Golf in Las Vegas
- How Much is Car Insurance For a 16 Year Old - 3 Proven Car Insurance Money Saver Tips
- Easy Jobs For 15 Year Olds - Teenagers With Part-Time Incomes
Grandpa on the golf course: 61-year-old Byers set to join the BU golf team have 320 words, post on www.omaha.com at January 11, 2018. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.