Friends of a man convicting of murdering his baby are raising £10,000 for him in a bid to help him appeal his life sentence. Matthew Scully-Hicks, a 31-year-old fitness instructor from Delabole, Cornwall was jailed in November for brutally murdering his 18-month-old adoptive daughter Elsie. The court heard how the defenceless toddler had a catalogue of injuries in the months leading up to her death – including a broken leg, bruising to her head, broken ribs and the final catastrophic fractured skull which led to her death. Despite Scully-Hicks being found guilty unanimously by the jury, some of his friends have decided they will take action to try and overturn the verdict, reports Cornwall Live. The Scully-Hicks Innocence Project (SHIProject) was set up earlier this month, dedicated to the release of the man who will have to serve a minimum of 18 years in jail for inflicting serious injuries on Elsie. The toddler died in May 2016 and Scully-Hicks has always claimed he did not commit the horrific murder. He first appeared before the Recorder of Cardiff, Judge Eleri Rees, in December 2016 and his trial before Justice Nicola Davies at Cardiff Crown Court took place in November of this… Read full this story
- Kickboxer, 37, is jailed for life after 'butchering' young father over £20,000 drug debt at gym run by Idris Elba's trainer
- Dark crystals: the brutal reality behind a booming wellness craze
- Suicidal driver, 29, is jailed for eight years after he killed a 26-year-old cricketer when he drove at oncoming traffic in a deliberate attempt to cause a crash
- Melbourne identity STILL hasn't passed on thousands of dollars promised to victims of the Bourke Street tragedy which he raised through his unregistered charity after the deadly rampage
- Making a monster: How a racist, patriarchal system allowed serial killer Samuel Little to flourish
- Working Wisdom - 8 Quick Ways to Put Wisdom to Work in Your Life
- TV dinners: 25 shows to binge-watch this Thanksgiving weekend
- What Disney Character Are You?
- Returning From War
- Expat Kids
Why friends of brutal baby killer Matthew Scully-Hicks are raising £10,000 for him after he was jailed for life have 321 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at December 12, 2017. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.