After a much slower than anticipated start with Street Fighter 5, Capcom has continued to gain momentum with its premier fighting franchise. The second season just wrapped up with the final addition of Zeku and the company is now preparing the launch a new version of the game which includes a number of big additions as well as the highly requested Arcade Mode. As if that wasn’t enough, Capcom also revealed that it’s preparing a third season of characters and gave fans the first look this past weekend at the Capcom Cup event.
After crowning the new Capcom Cup champion, Capcom producer Yoshinori Ono took to the stage to give fans a look at the arrival of Sakura to Street Fighter 5. Originally debuting in Street Fighter Alpha 2, Sakura retains much of her moveset including a new fireball move which lets her throw diagonally for great anti-air defense. Sakura is also getting a remastered version of her classic stage, Kasugano Residence as well. While the end of the trailer revealed the familiar silhouettes of the other season pass characters, Ono had one last surprise for the fans.
A second trailer revealed the cinematic opening sequence for the upcoming Arcade Edition of Street Fighter 5, following Ryu on his journey to battle fighters across the globe. Not only did most of the characters get a little bit of time in the spotlight, the trailer also revealed the remaining Season Three characters as well. Returning characters include the previously mentioned Sakura, along with Blanka, Cody, and Sagat. A couple of new faces are also coming including Falke, one of Bison’s Dolls, and the mysterious steampunk looking, top hat wearing G.
Season Three begins on January 16, the same day that Street Fighter 5: Arcade Edition launches. While fans can purchase the standalone version which includes everything released prior to season three, longtime Street Fighter 5 owners are getting all gameplay related content for free in the accompanying update. This includes the user interface overhaul, new V-Triggers for each character, and new modes like Arcade and Extra Battle. Season 1 and 2 characters, however, are not included as part of the update and will continue to be sold separately or unlocked with in-game Fight Money.
Street Fighter 5: Arcade Edition launches on PC and PlayStation 4
Source: Capcom Unity
- Street Fighter V News: Capcom ditching season pass for upcoming DLC characters
- Street Fighter V News: Capcom backs off of in-game ads
- The finalists for Street Fighter are locked in, but Gfinity still has a lot to show
- The Street Fighter V – Arcade edition Free Trial on PS4 continues as Capcom Cup 2018 Begins
- Melbourne are still on top for Street Fighter at Gfinity, but the gap is closing
- 1966 Street Fighter Mustang Gets Wilwood Brakes – Brake Treatment
- 1966 Ford Mustang Project Street Fighter Paint Job – Paint Your Own Car
- 1966 Street Fighter Mustang Gets Trunk Cleanup And Toolbox – Rehab
- 1966 Ford Mustang Street Fighter Project Car Commentary- The Last Word
- Project Street Fighter 1966 Ford Mustang – Steering Power