Burning Man is many things. It is a place where 65,000 people descend on a 7-square-mile patch of Nevada’s Black Rock Desert, getting whipped by sandstorms and, of course, burning “the man.” But as the “leave no trace” rule declares, Burning Man is not a giant garbage can. Everything set up at the start of the week must come down. This before-and-after image, created by the Daily Overview with satellite imagery from DigitalGlobe, reveals just how great of an undertaking that can be. Slide the bar to see the transition. To make sure the “leave no trace” rule is upheld, Burning Man relies on a Playa Restoration Team (The “playa” is the land used during the festival). Crews of people determine which areas have the most trash – or, as Burners call it, “matter out of place,” or MOOP. They color-code the areas based on severity, green being the lightest MOOP areas, yellow being moderate, and red being the most moopy – Burning Man’s words, not mine – and have a line of people clean up each area. Then the transformation back into an ordinary desert is complete.
- Burning Man - Annual Arts & Expression in the Simmering Sun
- 'Ding dong my loans are dead': Woman, 27, holds funeral photo shoot for $102,000 student loan she killed off in six years - and reveals how she paid the last $32,000 in just EIGHT MONTHS
- 'Waterfalls' of gas reveal baby planets, study says
- Marine Corps admit they misidentified a SECOND soldier in iconic flag-raising photo of the Battle of Iwo Jima in 1945 after a 'digital' FBI investigation
- How to Burn Fat & Look Amazing
- Nancy Pelosi thumbs her nose at Trump by making photo of their fiery Syria confrontation her Twitter cover image after he claimed she suffered a 'meltdown' and stormed out - as Democrats praise her for standing up to the President
- 'I think I was excusing myself from the room,' Nancy Pelosi says of THAT photo Donald Trump tweeted from their fiery White House meeting - and hints she wants the audio leaked next
- Kerry Katona reveals she's been rushed to hospital as she shares snaps of herself hooked up to a drip in A&E
- How Lottery millionaires spend their money: Exhibition to mark the game's 25th anniversary reveals how winners have created their dream lives - including a champion dog breeder and a race car driver
- Pensioner's taste buds 'disappear' due to a rare blood condition that eroded the outer layer of his tongue
One photo reveals how insanely big Burning Man is — and how completely it disappears every year have 405 words, post on www.businessinsider.sg at August 25, 2017. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.