Had we decided, four years ago, to begin ranking the best coaching and support staff talents in college football, Oklahoma's current head coach Lincoln Riley — formerly the offensive coordinator at East Carolina — would have made the cut. That's an eye-opening testament as to how college football is increasingly a young person's game. Of the 22 head coach hires this offseason (not including Ole Miss), the average age was 45.7, with four under the age of 40. It's fair to say that our inaugural 30Under30 is a prospects ranking of sorts for coaches: Using our network of contacts, team-site based reporters and college football SIDs, we asked: Hey, who on your staff is going to be a star? Why? And are they under 30? After casting out the net, we found we had to expand our criteria. There are so many essential non-coaching personnel that dot a college program's staff, whether they're responsible for the recruiting department, or maybe they're running the day-to-day show as the head coach's right-hand man, or perhaps it's their creative vision that's changing the way fans (and recruits) see their program. We wanted this list to also recognize them. Without further ado, here's the… Read full this story
- Panel Will Recommend Expanding College Football Playoff To 12 Teams
- 21 compelling storylines, teams, coaches, players that will dominate the 2021 college football season
- College football star Avantae Williams arrested for allegedly assaulting pregnant woman
- College football realignment fallout: What's next with Texas, Oklahoma stating intent to leave Big 12 for SEC
- A look at what's ahead for the Pac-12 with realignment set to shake up college football once again
- College football recruiting: Four-star safety Cristian Driver commits to Penn State on CBS Sports HQ
- Only 15 Of 130 FBS Teams Will Not Play An FCS Team During 2021 College Football Season
- College football coach fired for racist tweet aimed at Stacey Abrams
- David Pollack on Drake London: 'Will set the college football world on fire'
- College football recruiting: Four-star LB Sebastian Cheeks commits to North Carolina on CBS Sports HQ
College football's rising stars: The 30Under30 for 2017 have 346 words, post on 247sports.com at August 17, 2017. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.