In 2008, James Harris was hired to be an instructor with Trump University , the online school launched by reality TV star and real estate mogul Donald Trump three years earlier. Harris was a motivational speaker from Pompton Plains, New Jersey, with slicked-back hair and a shit-eating grin. There was an easy, energetic way about him—like Billy Mays having just returned from a Hamptons vacation—and his lectures, which relied on his alleged real life success story, could be captivating. According to seminar transcripts filed in one class-action lawsuit against Trump University and reviewed by The Daily Beast, Harris told students that at 19, he found himself homeless and was forced to seek shelter in the grimy New York City subway. But his life changed, he said, when he met a "nice gentleman" who taught him about the real estate business. In no time, he said, he "became one of the top 12 producing brokers" in Manhattan. He no longer slept among vermin, but in a gated community in Buford, Georgia, with his wife and two sons. But like so many rags-to-riches stories, Harris's obscured a seedier truth about his character. Despite becoming the top instructor at an institution that billed… Read full this story
- Liberty University sparks outrage as it welcomes back more than ONE THOUSAND students to their dorm rooms following spring break - as doctors warn 'people will die' if the college refuses to close amid coronavirus outbreak
- Trump May Have America, But the City Is Still Ours
- What If Trump Tried to Cancel the November Election?
- Dems Weaponise US Shooting Sprees Against Trump But Tough New Gun Laws are Unlikely
- Andrew Sullivan: Trump’s Mindless Nihilism
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump, Dems and politics of the pandemic
- 'This action can seriously aggravate the situation in the region.' Vladimir Putin uses emergency call to Emmanuel Macron to blast Donald Trump's drone strike on Iran's terror chief
- EXCLUSIVE: Hope Hicks' new boyfriend Rob Porter RESIGNS from White House after BOTH ex-wives accuse him of abuse - including one who told DailyMail.com that he CHOKED and PUNCHED her
- #NeverTrump Lives: Dozens of GOP Delegates Are Planning a Coup
- Austin Prep Lecturer Emphasizes Importance of Building Community
Trump University Hired Motivational Speakers and a Felon as Faculty have 364 words, post on www.thedailybeast.com at July 12, 2017. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.