Speaking at the event, Chairman of the municipal chapter of the Vietnam-Russia Friendship Association Hoang Minh Nhan hailed Russian people for their indomitable will, bravery, boundless patriotism and ingenious mind during the fight against invading fascists.
He said the event brings the two nations closer and pledged that Ho Chi Minh City and Russia will further tighten ties between the two peoples.
Recalling the Victory Day and the great defence war, Russian Consul General in Ho Chi Minh City Alexey Vladimirovich Popov said the May 9, 1945 victory is a milestone that opens up a new history page of social progress, peace and sustainable development.
The Russian people always bear in mind support of people worldwide, including the Vietnamese, he said, adding that the two nations have committed to fostering their time-tested friendship and solidarity.
- What You Need to Know About May 9 Victory Day Celebrations in Russia
- Moscow Is Ready to Host Russia's Victory Day Military Parade
- March of the Triumphant: Five Most Memorable Moscow Victory Day Parades
- Su-57s & Terminators: MoD Reveals New Hardware Taking Part in Victory Day Parade
- St. George's Ribbon Campaign Dedicated to Victory Day Kicks Off in Russia
- Weapons to watch in Russia's Victory Day parade
- Sexy female cadets in Soviet-style uniforms steal the show at Putin’s Victory Day parades
- London Marks World War II Victory Day With Immortal Regiment March
- LIVE UPDATES: Victory Day Military Parade Held in Russian Capital (VIDEO)
- 112.ua: Seven people detained at Victory Day events in Ukraine