I’m using Jitter Physics to create a game. For testing, I have ball (a spherical rigid body) falling onto a small box-like mesh. The problem is that the ball falls straight through the floor, even though the collision seems to be detected properly. The mesh’s rigid body is created using a triangle mesh shape. In the code below, model is the floor’s 3D model Octree octree = PhysicsUtilities.ExtractOctree(model); octree.BuildOctree(); Body body = new RigidBody(new TriangleMeshShape(octree)); body.IsStatic = true; The PhysicsUtilities.ExtractOctree function extracts vertices from the 3D model in order to create the rigid body. As far as I can tell, that function is working correctly (i.e. all vertices and indices look correct). To check if the collision was detected, I added a callback function as follows. CollisionSystem collisionSystem = new CollisionSystemSAP(); collisionSystem.CollisionDetected += OnCollisionDetected; World world = new World(collisionSystem); The ball-floor collision is detected and everything about the collision looks correct. I’ve even tried changing values in world.ContactSettings, but nothing worked. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I’ve tried everything I can and Jitter’s documentation is pretty low.
- Walking Dead weekly Recap: The bodies fall in ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- Portable and affordable: Splitsecnd delivers automated crash detection regardless of your ride
- Testing an AmpliFi mesh point as a Wi-Fi extender
- Smart Neural Stimulators Listen to the Body
- Mars’ Tiny Moons Might Have Formed After Catastrophic Collision
- Suspect calls body in car 'suicide'
- This new router exploit is the motivation you need to switch to a mesh solution
- Crews search for woman's body at Wallace Falls
- Review: Windows 10 Fall Creators Update delivers useful enhancements
- Industry’s first whole-body editor shows a portrait is more than just a pretty face
Rigid body falls through static mesh even though collision is detected have 295 words, post on gamedev.stackexchange.com at May 9, 2017. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.