FORMER Premiership star Dalian Atkinson has died today following a taser incident with police.The ex Aston Villa and Man City star is said to have gone into cardiac arrest after cops were called in the early hours of this morning.He received medical attention after going into cardiac arrest but was pronounced dead at around 3am.The incident has now been referred to the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC). Tributes have poured in on social media following the news of the former aces death with fans, players and clubs all sharing their memories and offering condolences.The 48-year-old ex striker is probably best remembered for his time at Aston Villa where he won goal of the season in the first year of the Premier League which saw the Villains finish second in the table.He also helped Villa win the 1994 League Cup final against Manchester United.A career spanning 16 years saw him play in England, Spain, Turkey, France, Saudi Arabia and South Korea.Born in Telford, Shropshire in 1968 he first burst on to the scene as a teenager at Ipswich Town in 1985.One of his earliest moments of brilliance saw him bang in a hat trick against Middlesbrough when he was just 20-years-old.After an ill-fated move… Read full this story
- 'I felt pathetic, worthless... he didn't stop until I started crying': Fan tells how she was 'raped by ex-JLS star Oritse Williams in his hotel room'
- Micah Richards hits out at claims he only got Sky Sports job because of BLM in powerful anti-racism message
- NYC man, 54, ‘wanted to kill Chuck Schumer’ and ‘anyone that claims to be a Democrat’ as well as ‘blow up the FBI’
- The 53 best shows on Amazon Prime right now
- Brit bomb disposal expert killed in blast during mission to remove WW2 explosives from Pacific islands
- The Trouble With Johnny Depp
Dalian Atkinson dead: Who was the ex Aston Villa star Tasered by police in Telford? have 304 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at August 15, 2016. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.