The following is an excerpt from You Died: The Dark Souls Companion, a book about Dark Souls and the delightfully mad people who play it by Keza MacDonald and Jason Killingsworth . You can buy it here in paperback (worldwide shipping), or on Amazon or iBooks as an eBook.Michael Samuels, known to his fans as VaatiVidya, dropped out of university this past year to become a full-time scholar. His field of study? FromSoftware’s Souls series and its next-of-kin Bloodborne, which he’s been making artful, entertaining videos about since late 2012. In the three-and-a-half years since he launched his YouTube channel, he’s amassed over half a million subscribers. Despite having the face of an Abercrombie & Fitch catalogue model, Vaati reacts to limelight in the way the pupil of an eyeball would, shrinking instinctively from view. He is not a quote-unquote YouTube personality. He does not own a webcam.“I’ve never really felt the need to insert myself into it,” Vaati tells me, sitting at his desk in front of his dual monitors, under the watchful, unblinking gaze of the collectible Sif statue he won in an online competition. “I felt like the channel was never really about me. I think a… Read full this story
- Chris Messina Lands Lead in YouTube Series ‘Dark Cargo’
- Turning wreckage into rebuilt lives
- Nuclear scientist recalls how romance with con man turned dark in doc: ‘It put the fear of God in me’
- How YouTube Built a Radicalization Machine for the Far-Right
- YouTube’s Plan to Keep Kids Safe Shows How Little It Cares About Creators
- DJ Tiësto wants to turn your next workout into a dance party
- Why your prized tattoos could turn off future employers
- The Stylish Socialist Who Is Trying to Save YouTube from Alt-Right Domination
- All Souls Trilogy: Harry Potter for Grown-Ups?
- 'What We Do in the Shadows' finds the light in vampire lore
How one YouTuber turned Dark Souls lore into a living have 312 words, post on www.pcgamer.com at April 22, 2016. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.