There is a photograph of a pile of pink and white paper hearts atop Mandi Koba’s Facebook page. She cut the hearts out of hard copies of a 1996 police report from Phoenix, Ariz. The cops, according to the vintage report used in the arts and crafts project, were investigating “a celebrity involved in a reported child molestation.” Kevin Johnson was the celebrity. These days he’s a politician, a national figure with aspirations to the governorship of California who’s proclaimed himself “Little Barack” and worked closely with the Obama administration. Married to Michelle Rhee, face of the charter-school movement, he’s positioned himself throughout his adult life as a sort of catcher in the rye for at-risk inner-city children through his work with a variety of charter schools and foundations, setting him up for his current run as the scandal-prone mayor of Sacramento, Calif. In 1996, though, he was one of the NBA’s top stars, at the very height of a career with the Phoenix Suns that saw him make three All-Star teams and earn tens of millions of dollars. Advertisement Mandi Koba, 15 years old at the beginning of the events described in the report, was the child. Advertisement In… Read full this story
- 4 women testified at Ghislaine Maxwell's trial that they were sexually abused. Here's what they said
- Survivor993 Is Not Alone: Lawsuits Show Abuse at School for At-Risk Teens
- Wednesday evening UK news briefing: Boris Johnson's apology 'nowhere near enough'
- Prince Andrew latest news – Settlement with Virginia Giuffre ‘still an option’ if judge sends sex abuse case to trial
- Jeffrey Epstein had paid $500K to Prince Andrew's accuser in 2019 to settle lawsuit
- Son of iconic college football coach Bo Schembechler says campus doctor abused him, too – and Bo did nothing to stop him
- Ronan Farrow: National Enquirer tried to help Trump bury teen rape allegation
- Britney Spears’ sons Jayden, 15, and Sean Preston, 16, look SO grown up in new RARE photos during family night out
- Prince Andrew news: Duke decision expected ‘pretty soon’ after lawyers battled with accuser Virginia Roberts in court
- Ghislaine Maxwell trial LIVE – Jeffrey Epstein’s ‘madam’ is a ‘very sick woman who enjoyed abuse,’ victim claims
"I'm A Grown-Up Now": The Teen Who Accused Kevin Johnson Of Sexual Abuse Speaks Out have 354 words, post on deadspin.com at September 25, 2015. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.