There is a photograph of a pile of pink and white paper hearts atop Mandi Koba’s Facebook page. She cut the hearts out of hard copies of a 1996 police report from Phoenix, Ariz. The cops, according to the vintage report used in the arts and crafts project, were investigating “a celebrity involved in a reported child molestation.” Kevin Johnson was the celebrity. These days he’s a politician, a national figure with aspirations to the governorship of California who’s proclaimed himself “Little Barack” and worked closely with the Obama administration. Married to Michelle Rhee, face of the charter-school movement, he’s positioned himself throughout his adult life as a sort of catcher in the rye for at-risk inner-city children through his work with a variety of charter schools and foundations, setting him up for his current run as the scandal-prone mayor of Sacramento, Calif. In 1996, though, he was one of the NBA’s top stars, at the very height of a career with the Phoenix Suns that saw him make three All-Star teams and earn tens of millions of dollars. Advertisement Mandi Koba, 15 years old at the beginning of the events described in the report, was the child. Advertisement In… Read full this story
- Women accuse Kevin Johnson of sexual misconduct on HBO’s ‘Real Sports’
- Kevin Johnson won’t seek re-election as mayor of Sacramento
- USA Swimming CEO to abuse victims: ‘I’m sorry’
- Ex-NBA star won’t seek re-election as mayor of Sacramento
- Grant Shapps resigns over bullying scandal: 'the buck should stop with me'
- Disgraced Clippers owner Sterling has long history of trouble
- The Vanishing Man
- A high school football star’s rape case is dividing an entire town
- Karren Brady faces questions over Philip Green allegations
- NFL Week 13 rundown
"I'm A Grown-Up Now": The Teen Who Accused Kevin Johnson Of Sexual Abuse Speaks Out have 288 words, post on deadspin.com at September 25, 2015. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.