Imagine the celebration if they had captured the gold.
Nigeria’s Ojo Onaolapo helped secure Commonwealth Games bronze in team table tennis on Monday with a dramatic win over India’s Sharath Kamal Achanta, and the wild celebration ended with Onaolapo dropping his shorts.
With Onaolapo’s upset win, Nigeria beat India 3-1 to capture third place at the event in Glasgow, Scotland.
After his teammates hoisted the unlikely winner in the air, Onaolapo dropped his shorts down to his knees, lifted his polo shirt up to his chest and flashed his baby blue underwear.
Onaolapo, who is not among the top 300 table tennis players in the world according to the Daily Mail, beat the 40th-ranked Achanta to secure the podium finish for Nigeria.
Prince Edward, the son of Queen Elizabeth II, brought his family to see the bronze-medal match.
He called the sport “a game that you need to sit close to in order to appreciate the speed and the skill.”
Just not too close.
– With News Wire Services
- WATCH: NHL Draft prospect Jack Hughes breaks U18 scoring record in U.S. bronze-medal win over Canada
- Local student won bronze medal at national baking competition
- Smoliga Claims Bronze Medal In 100 Backstroke
- Tokyo Olympics unveil gold, silver, bronze medals
- Watch: Damian Lillard’s sister celebrating her brother’s game-winning moment is the most wholesome thing you will see today
- 5 things to watch when Bears face Colts in third preseason game
- Pelicans-Knicks Summer League game cut short by earthquake
- Watch highlights from the Oregon Ducks’ 2019 spring game
- Watch: Drake, Draymond Green have heated exchange after Game 1
- Watch all the goals scored in Bruins-Blues Game 7