Loud and lewd, the raucous comedy “Neighbors” hardly seemed a natural for Mother’s Day weekend. Get the Free Tracker App to find a SNES Classic in Stock But it turned out to be an ideal date for the raunchy R-rated romp starring Zac Efron, Seth Rogen and Rose Byrne, which the pulled off summer’s first stunner with an opening estimated at $51 million that brought down reigning champ “The Amazing Spider-Man 2.” Universal Pictures wasn’t talking Monday, but when you take in that kind of money — and another $34 million from overseas — with a movie that cost $18 million, it’s safe to say the team there is thinking sequel.The opening for “Neighbors” — about a young family whose life is turned upside down when a fraternity moves in next door — was about $10 million higher than most analysts had projected. A big reason for that was the gender breakdown: women made up the majority of the audience at 53 percent. That’s for a movie rife with a frequently nude Rogen, obscene topiaries, breast-feeding gags, dildo fights and beyond.The studio’s marketers knew the frat vs. family comedy, which has been riding a wave of good buzz for weeks,… Read full this story
- 8 tech freebies: Firewall, cloud storage, Wi-Fi check, Office software and more
- No 'Joker': Bronx 'step street' becomes New York hot spot thanks to hit movie
- Instagrammers are flocking to the Bronx to pose for pictures on the now iconic Joker stairs - as locals warn visitors to stay away 'or get robbed'
- The best romantic comedies, from
- Hundreds rally during Zimbabwe's new anti-sanctions holiday
- This is Halloween: 31 more streaming options to set your October right
- HOT PROPERTIES: Comedian Russell Peters looks to shed landlord role
- In Search of Hilma af Klint, Who Upended Art History, But Left Few Traces
- An Environmentally Friendly Firecracker? India Is Willing to Try.
- Yes, you can make cheesecake in under one hour
'Neighbors' Tops Box Office have 323 words, post on www.i4u.com at May 11, 2014. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.