Last edited on: April 17, 2016. In Ephesians 6:1–3, the apostle Paul reminds us that the fifth commandment is the first commandment with a promise – Honor your father and mother so that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth. “What it means to honor our father and mother may change as we grow into adulthood, but the principle always endures. The adult child does not owe the parent obedience, but they do owe the parent honor,” reflects Senior Pastor David Guzik, of Calvary Chapel Santa Barbara. As Christians, most of us strive to honor our parents throughout the year; however, the Mother’s Day holiday is a strong reminder that honoring our parents is a direct command from the Lord. When we meditate on all of the sacrifices our mothers have made for us throughout the years, it is easy to understand the wisdom of the Scriptures that commands us to honor them. We can apply the teachings of Jesus throughout the Gospel: respect those who sacrifice, honor the ones who serve unselfishly, and appreciate those who lay their lives down for the sake of others. If we reflect on all… Read full this story
- Queen's VE Day pride over UK 'streets full of love' during coronavirus lockdown
- Law student jailed for 16 years for murdering his father and burying him in the garden hopes HMRC files revealing 70-year-old's mysterious web of aliases used to buy properties and set up scams will help clear his name
- Top news of the day: Students allowed to appear for CBSE exams from current location; Trump offers to ‘mediate or arbitrate’ between India and China, and more
- Day of the Toxic Triffids: Hogweed can grow up to 20ft tall and cause agonising burns and even blindness — and now they're on the march across Britain
- Celebs Go Dating's Joshua Ritchie appears to GLOAT about breaking lockdown rules 'after throwing a party for 80 people'
- Chrissy Teigen divides fans over epic reptile birthday party for son Miles
- Coronavirus UK LIVE: Britain could have zero deaths days in June despite 545 more fatalities as toll hits 35,341
- Chinese UN Mission marks first Int'l Tea Day
- Scott Disick and daughter Penelope share glimpse inside their garden at Malibu beach house
- Mum slammed for ‘setting her kid up for disappointment’ after throwing a party during lockdown where no friends could go
Mother’s Day Garden Party have 386 words, post on sonomachristianhome.com at May 1, 2014. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.