“Have you ever been to Córdoba?” It’s not the sort of question an interviewee normally asks me but this isn’t a normal interview. I’d like to say that I spoke to Paul Arendt and Alexis Kennedy of Failbetter games in a corroded wine cellar by gaslight, but that would be a lie. The creators of Fallen London work in Digital Enterprise Greenwich, overlooking the Thames from on high rather than sifting through its waters in search of stories to tell. I’ve had a long and fulfilling relationship with Fallen London, and Sunless Sea looks like a marvellous mixture of Elite, roguelike and top notch storytelling, so I was hoping for a fulfilling conversation.A couple of hours later, we’d talked about everything from Dark Souls to Dickens, and the world felt like a more fascinating place. These are two of the most interesting minds making games and whether you’ve played Fallen London or not, you would do well to consume their thoughts. RPS: Fallen London was a revelation when I first started playing it, partly because it’s a free-to-play browser game that I found myself happy to participate in, and partly because it has writing that I enjoy, not just in… Read full this story
- Boy of 13 is among FOUR people now arrested after ‘sickening’ attack on two police officers on London street
- Will facial recognition technology bring ethical ‘sea changes’ in governance?
- Will facial recognition technology bring ethical ‘sea changes’ in governance
- I thought my husband was the lucky one for dying: Victoria lost her daughter, partner and her leg in a speedboat tragedy that appalled Britain. In this shattering interview, she lays bare her heartbreak - and anger
- 'If I kneel down I'll never get up again, Ma'am': Captain Sir Tom Moore shares joke with the Queen as she knights at Windsor Castle - just hours after she attended Princess Beatrice's wedding
- Johnny takes his revenge on the stand: Depp says Amber Heard drank two bottles of wine a night, would chop his lines of cocaine AND take it herself, repeatedly secretly filmed him - and 'all hell would break loose' if he didn't feed her attention'
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's special wedding cake
- Fiona Adams obituary
- A great feat of ballot-rigging
- SIMON PETER ABIODUN: Sixty years of a graceful Law Practice: The twist of fate
Of London And The Sunless Sea: Failbetter Interview have 389 words, post on www.rockpapershotgun.com at September 16, 2013. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.