Every day at least one potential client asks me, “What can you do for me?” It is natural enough. A person has been charged with a crime; they are concerned about their future; and they are confronted with the expensive prospect of hiring a lawyer to defend them against the charges. Before they make that expenditure they want to know what they are getting for their money. Usually when we spend money we get something tangible in return. Unfortunately, hiring a lawyer is different.A lawyer cannot ethically tell a client how the case is going to turn out based on an initial consultation. Before the lawyer can even give an opinion the lawyer has to review the evidence and communicate with the prosecutor. If the lawyer could promise a certain result the implication would be that justice is for sale. In other words, the lawyer would be suggesting that if the client just pays a certain fee than the opinions of the prosecutor, judges and alleged victims are irrelevant. Although there are many problems with the justice system in America, fortunately it is not simply for sale.To be sure, a lawyer can say things like, “Assuming everything you say is… Read full this story
- Defense lawyers claim former FBI agent being investigated for perjury in case against Greitens
- Judge to rule Thursday on dismissal of Greitens' criminal case
- MS Takes Steps To End Delays In Evaluating Criminal Defendants
- Anti-game activist brands ESA "criminal"
- Federal Judge Dismisses Wikimedia Suit Against NSA
- Netflix’s Making A Murderer sequel premieres in October
- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy Coming to Major Platforms This Spring
- Major events in the Cyberpunk RPG timeline
- The life of a Grand Theft Auto role-player
- Every movie & show coming to Netflix in September
Criminal Defense Lawyers - What Can You Do For Me? have 300 words, post on ezinearticles.com at February 18, 2009. This is cached page on GameMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.